Steps to open a Demat account in Zerodha: These days Zerodha account opening has become very easy. Today, lakhs of Demat accounts are being opened every month in India. A large number of youth are getting attracted to the stock market. Let us know the complete information including the Zerodha account opening process, charges, and required documents.
Zerodha account opening:
Although there are many brokers in India, Zerodha is the largest stock broker in India in terms of number of active users. Its most special thing is its easy and understandable interface. Zerodha’s Kite application makes trading and investing easy. That is why it is India’s largest stock broker in terms of active users. In Zerodha you can easily start your trading or investment journey by opening an account. Let us know the Zerodha account opening process.
Zerodha account opening process:
Let us tell you that to invest money in the stock market or do intraday trading, a Demat account is required. You trade or invest in this demat account. You can open a trading account with any investment broker. However, due to its user interface and customer support, Zerodha has become the best broker in India. Let us see the steps to open a Demat account in Zerodha.
Steps to open a Demat account in Zerodha.
You can easily open a demat account in Zerodha by following the following steps.
- Click here to go to the Zerodha account opening page
- Now enter your mobile number and click on the Continue button.
- Now an OTP will come on your mobile, enter it, and continue.
- Enter your PAN card number and date of birth
- Now verify your Aadhaar through OTP by entering your Aadhaar card number.
- Now fill in all your personal details.
- Next, add your bank details which you want to link to Zerodha Demat’s Account
- Now verify your photo through a full webcam (IPV).
- Now upload the canceled check photo and bank statement etc. in the detail document section.
- After this upload your signature and photo of your PAN card
- If you want to trade in futures and options then you are required to upload income proof (optional).
- Now add a nominee (this is an optional process).
- Finally, e-sign your application and self-verify it by entering your UID number and OTP.
- If all your details are correct then your Zerodha account will be opened in 2 working days.
Zerodha account opening documents:
The following documents are required to open a Zerodha account.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Statement
- Canceled Check
- Passport Size Photograph
If you want to trade in Futures and options (F&O) or Commodities, then apart from the above, you will need any one of these income-proof documents.
- bank statement,
- salary slip,
- ITR acknowledgment,
- Form 16,
- certificate of net worth
- statement of demat holdings
Zerodha account opening charges:
The one-time charges for opening an account at Zerodha are as follows. These charges are one-time and there are no other account opening charges.
- Online account: ₹200
- Offline account: ₹500
- NRI account (offline only): ₹500
- Partnership, LLP, HUF, or Corporate accounts (offline only): ₹500
Zerodha annual maintenance charges:
Zerodha annual maintenance charge (AMC) of ₹300 + 18% GST for demat accounts. This AMC is deducted from your Zerodha account balance every quarter.
AMC: ₹300 + 18% GST
Opening Zerodha account online timing
If all the documents presented by you are correct then your zerodha account opening will be done in just 24 rupees. But the minimum official timing from the company can be 2 working days and a maximum of 7 days. The Zerodha account opening online timing is 24/7, 365 days a year.
Customer support timing of Zerodha:
Zerodha customer support team is only available from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM on weekdays and from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays. If you need any assistance with opening your account, you can contact the customer support team during these hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: What is Trading Account Opening Charges?
Answer: The One-time Trading Account Opening Charge in Zerodha is Rs 200.
Question: What is Zerodha customer support timing?
Answer: Clients can call 080 4718 1888 or 080 4718 1999 Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Question: How long does it take to open a Zerodha account?
Answer: Once the account opening process is completed and verified, The user ID will be sent within 72 working hours.
Question: What are the Annual maintenance charges in Zerodha?
Answer: Zerodha annual maintenance charge (AMC) of ₹300 + 18% GST for demat accounts.
Question: What is the minimum balance required in Zerodha?
Answer: There is no minimum balance required in Zerodha. You can add any amount as per your choice.